In today’s English speaking practice lesson you will learn how to use the word HAD in 5 different ways in English conversation. HAD is used to describe a past action. An action that occurred in the past. As we all know that English is an interesting language and there is always more to learn. So learn the 5 different uses of the word HAD and some example sentences to understand it better.
Had is used to tell that you ate something in the past.
- I had (ate) burger at Mc’Donalds.
- I had my dinner at 7 PM.
- I had pasta and ice-cream at Rohan’s party.
Had is used to tell what did you drink.
- I had a chilled cola sometime back.
- I had 2 shots of black coffee.
- I had 2 pegs of whiskey at the party.
Had is used to describe feelings
- I had a doubt that the cash was missing.
- Sheela had an emotional breakdown after her break-up.
Had is used to talk about illness.
- She had fever last week.
- I had fractured my leg while playing football.
Had is used to show you possessed something
- I had a small apartment before I moved here.
- I had a BMW car 2 years ago.
- I had the drive for all the old songs, I misplaced it somewhere.