Hello English Learners, today I have a very interesting English speaking practice lesson for you. Today we will learn Telephone English Phrases used in daily conversation. You will understand how you could use Hello in 8 different ways in your spoken English. Hello is an important word as it could make and break your impression. Hello is a very common everyday English greeting and we almost use it everyday. I will also tell you the History of Hello, why people started saying hello over the phone after Alexander Graham bell invented the phone in 1876. This is an interesting English story ( explained in Hindi) and I am sure you would enjoy it. At the English I have given you some smart English phrases with word Hello, that you could use, to improve your English and speak Fluent English confidently. Let me know in the comments, how you found this English lesson.
There are 8 different meanings of Hello, depending on how you say it.
- Hello, Good Morning
- Hello! What’s up
To show surprise. – आश्चर्य दिखाने के लिए
- Hello, You at the all the chocolates.
- Hello, that’s my bike, please stay away from it.
- Hello, what are you doing here. You were supposed to be in Mumbai.’
To attract attention – ध्यान आकर्षित करना
- Hello, Is anyone there in this room.
- Hello, Are you listening to me, I was telling about what happened last night.
To show suspicion- संदेह दिखाने के लिए
- Hello That’s strange, somebody used my credit card.
- Hello, why there’s so much crowd over there.
- Hello, Have you written this essay yourself?
To check if a person is still there – यह जांचने के लिए कि क्या कोई व्यक्ति अभी भी है
- Hello, Are you still there?
- Hello, Are you still with me?
- Hello, Hello, Can you hear me?
To make someone aware of your presence. – अपनी उपस्थिति से किसी को अवगत कराना।
- Hello, anybody there.
- Hello, Is there any body in the shop.
- Hello, I have arrived.
- Hello, everybody, I am here.
To show someone is disconnected from reality. – वास्तविकता से दूर
- Are you going to a job Interview in that shirt, Hello.
- Are you buying that old laptop for Rs 50000, Hello. ( means wake up)
- You don’y know how to use a smart phone, Hello
- 8 To Flirt with someone
To Flirt With Someone
- Helloooo, what’s your name.
- Helloooo, you look quite familiar
- Helloooo, are you alone. Can I sit with you.