In this English speaking practice lesson in Hindi you will learn, how to politely say No in English. We come across different situations where you have to say No, but you find it difficult as you don’t want to hurt the other person or their feelings by saying No. Learn the art of saying No with the help of 30 English sentences that could be used in your daily English conversation. Your English teacher Jenny has provided you with different situations under which you could say No without hurting no or in other words learn polite English phrases to say No. Practice these polite English sentences and phrases so that you don’t have to be embarrassed or find difficult to say no in English. Watch all the English lessons with Jenny to improve your English speaking and speak English fluently and confidently.
Different ways to say ‘No’ in English.
- How to say ‘No’ to an invitation?
- Hey, thanks for the invitation, but I have a meeting planned on the very day since long.
- Hey, thanks, but that day has been planned for long.
- Hey, thanks for the invite, I would love to come but the situation won’t allow.
- Wow! It’s been long, I really want to join in, but…. (I can’t come)
How to say ‘No’ to a Discount/Offer?
- Thank you so much for the offer, but we have something exactly like this.
- I appreciate the offer and I hope it stays for a long time, currently, I already have this thing.
- Oh! It’s a nice offer, I shall tell my friends about it, as I am already using the same thing.
How to say ‘No’ to friends?
- Wow! It’s a great offer, also to my liking, but I already have a plan with Ragini.
- I’d like to take you on that offer some other time as it seems difficult this time.
- Oh! My! I took a similar offer by Raj just an hour ago.
- Sorry, but there’s always the next time.
- There’s always a next time brother, thanks for the offer, though, pardon me this time.
How to say ‘No’ to strangers?
- Sorry, but thanks for asking.
- Thanks, but, no thanks.
How to say ‘No’ to things you don’t want to give?
- I am glad you liked it, thanks, but this is a gift from my grandmother.
- You’ve got a great taste, but……
- Yes, thanks, but it’s more of a memory from my grandmother.
- Oh! Nice, thank you, but it’s like my second skin. I have worn this across the town all these years. People actually remember me by it.
How to say ‘No’ for money requests?
- Hey! I can understand, but this month has been really difficult for me.
- I can very well relate, as I am going through the same.
- I know it is hard, I’ve been through the worst & I am still reeling from the effect.
- I’ve been through this & I know how it is, but trust me, this too shall pass. Just hang in there.