After exchanging general greetings in English, a common English conversation question is – What do you do? आप क्या काम करते हो? Beginners in English find it sometimes difficult to answer this Question. This question also could be asked in a Job Interview and you should know how to answer it correctly in a Job Interview as well. In this English speaking practice lesson in Hindi with Aakash, you will learn some English sentence structures to tell what you do in more details. This English Speaking Lesson will help you speak fluent English and teach you the following:
How to answer the questions –
- What do you do? / What do you do for a living?
- What company do you work for?
- What is your role or responsibility in the company?
- How long have you been working with the company?
- What industry do you work in?
- Describe your company?
- What is the size of your company?
In this spoken English Lesson, Aakash will also teach you the difference between ‘For’ and ‘Since’ and how to use it correctly while speaking English. He has also helped you with pronunciation of difficult words as they come in this English Training video. He has also given you a detailed answer combining all the phrases that you could use while answering a Job Interview Questions. Do use all these phrases and write your answers in the comments below for practice. Take a look at our English speaking course to improve your English and speak English fluently and confidently.
In this English lesson you will learn how to answer : –
- What do you do?
- What is your role/responsibility?
- How long have you been working with (company)?
- What does your company do?
What do you do for a living?
1st way – I am a/an + Job
- I am an accountant , sales executive., coder. Youtuber. Athlete. banker. housewife. driver. freelance writer. graphic designer. engineer.
- I am into business.
- I am self-employed
2nd way – I work as a/an+ Job Title
- I work as an accountant. sales executive. Java programmer, hair stylist.
- I work as a cashier.
- I make Youtube Videos
3rd Way – If you don’t do anything.
- I am looking for a job at the moment.
- I am exploring opportunities.
- I have taken a sabbatical leave.
- I am 2nd year commerce .student.
- I am pursuing my MBA.
- I help my father with his business.
What industry do you work for?
I work in + field / Industry
- I work in the IT field.
- I work in the Entertainment Industry.
- I work in the service industry.
- I Work in the automobile industry.
- I work in the hotel industry.
- I work in the pharmaceutical industry.
- I work in the food business.
- I work in the medical hospitality business.
- I am into garment designing.
Where do you work?
I work for + Company’s name
- I work for Google, HDFC Bank, Talwalkar Fitness
- I work for a Doctor.
- I work at a local garment store.
- I work at the hospital.
- I work in my father’s business.
What is your role in the company?
I am responsible for (+ ing)
- I am responsible for managing sales.
- I am responsible for handling quality.
- I am responsible for handling customer service.
- I manage monthly sales targets.
- I manage accounts finalisation.
- I manage smooth functioning of the store.
- I manage new clients.
- I deal with new clients.
- I deal with troubleshooting.
- I deal with customer problems.
- I deal with vendors.
- I oversee company accounts.
- I oversee sales targets.
- I oversee the showroom.
- I oversee the quality of our products.
- I oversee induction of new joins.
- I report to the General Manager.
- I report directly to the company directors.
- I report to my supervisor.
How long have you been with the company?
- For- no of months /years.
- Since – from a period of time
- I have been with the company for 3 years.
- I have been with the company since 2012.
- I have been working in IT industry for 7 years.
- I have worked in the service industry for 8 years.
- I have been in banking since 2015.
- I have been in the garment industry for 11 years now.
Describing your Company
- We are a Mumbai based company.
- We are a US based company with offices in India.
- We are located in Delhi.
- Our headquarters is in Japan.
- We manufacture FMCG ( fast moving consumer goods)
- We manufacturer computer hardware products.
- We sell Computers. Mobile Phones, Beauty products, Consumer electronics.
- We distribute Mobile Phones, Beauty products, Consumer electronics.
- My company deals into insurance and finance products
- We are a multinational company with offices in 9 countries.
- We are a small business.
- We are a tech start up.
- We are a food start up.
- Our clients/ customers include the bigwigs of entertainment industry.
- Our clients are general middle class people.
- Our clients include the working class segment.
A complete Answer – What do you do?
I work in the Education industry as an English Trainer. I have been with Learnex for 5 years. I am responsible for making new English Lessons. I manage the filming, editing and uploading of YouTube lesson for our subscribers. We are a Mumbai based company with learning centres across India. My company delivers training to a many corporate houses in India. I also oversee the smooth functioning of these training projects. Our clients include midsize and multinational companies. I directly report to the company directors.