Time is invaluable. Time is money. I am sure you have heard these phrases a lot many times. Do you know that you could use the word ‘Time’ in many different ways in your daily spoken English conversation? In this English practice lesson with your English teacher Myra, you will learn 70 English practice sentences used in everyday English communication. These English expressions and phrases with ‘time’ are quite interesting and you could quickly use them to speak fluent and confident English.
Time – समय
- Time doesn’t stop for anyone.
- It’s time.
- I don’t have time.
- We don’t have much time.
- Be on time.
- Reach on time.
- I am on time.
- I will be on time.
- You have only 24 hours to finish this.
- It’s not enough time.
- I want some more time.
- It will take time.
- You have time.
- Take some more time.
- Take your time.
Time – Moments यादगार पल
- This time of your life will never come back.
- Live your time.
- Don’t waste your time.
- Your time is up.
- I am just killing time.
Spend time – समय बीतना
- I spend time reading books.
- I like spending time listening to music.
- I like to spend time with you.
- I hope your time was well spent.
Spent – Past tense of ‘Spend’
- Spend your precious time is useful work.
- I spend my free time cleaning the house.
Waste time – वक़्त बरबाद करना
- Don’t waste your time in useless things.
- Girls waste most of their time in doing make-up.
- Don’t waste my time.
Make time – वक़्त निकालना
- Make some time for me as
- It’s difficult to make time for your hobbies nowadays.
- We all must make some time for our families.
Have time – वक़्त होना
- I have lots of time.
- I don’t have time at all.
- I have time for my family.
- Do you have some time?
Run out of time – समय की कमी होना
- I am running out of time.
- She ran out of time.
- He ran out of time in the entrance exam.
- He finished the race, but ran out of time.
Spare/Free time –खाली समय
- I don’t get much free time.
- It’s good to have some free time every day.
- Do you have some free time?
Save time – समय बचाना
- Online shopping saves a lot of time.
- New technology saves lot of our time.
Hard time – मुश्किल समय
- The boss gave him a hard time.
- She had a hard time looking after the kids.
Time is up – समय समाप्त होना
- Your time is up / over.
From time to time – समय समय पर
- I go to my Grandmother’s place from time to time.
- I do my routine health check-up from time to time.
For the time being – फिलहाल के लिए
- Let it be for the time being.
- I am doing this job for the time being.
- Time has come to take your leave.
- Time has come to say goodbye.